Painful but Life-altering lessons I learned during the pandemic
1 min read
More from Ishan Girdhar
- Always buy an extra bottle of Ketchup and Tabasco.
- Wash your hands.
- Don’t sneeze or cough in public.
- Call your Dad Monthly, or as needed; He won’t mind. Call your Mom every other day, if possible, every day.
Concepts I have learned:
- Deep work
- System Thinking
- How important is writing for critical thinking?
- Investing, Trading & Technical Analysis
- Change Equation
- Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology by David Allen
- Habits are automation for your brain.
- Power of Nootropics, Cold Showers & Meditation.
Courses I have learned:
- Inner Engineering Online by Sadhguru
- Deeply Practical Project Management by William Stewart PhD, PMP
- The Habit of Ferocity by Steven Kotler
- How to Crush it on Twitter?
- Discovering Your Personality With Dr Jordan B. Peterson
- Building a Second Brain
- Money EQ Masterclass by Ken Honda
- Write of Passage by David Perell
- Notion Life Design by August Bradley
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Developer Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Associate
- AWS Certified Security Speciality
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Swimming (Beginner level)
- Tennis (Beginner Level)
About the author
I am an information security specialist with over 12 +years of experience, the last three of which I have served as Chief Information Security Officer at Funding Societies and Zai.
Writing to think, writing to express, writing to uncover, and writing to heal is something no human or AI can take away from you. Only you can take that ability away from yourself.
3 min read
So, how do you prioritize?
Yes. Time is not enough to learn everything. The problem is not that we don’
1 min read
Expressing your ideas through writing is a very powerful concept. It coerces you to think effectively, research comprehensively and weave
2 min read
"Brain on Security" Newsletter
18+ hours of reading & analysis distilled into a 10-Minute Summary Monthly.
Join the conversation